Who says keywords with higher search volume are always hard to rank for? In this article, you’ll discover how to conquer difficult keywords and dominate your market.
SEO is all about driving relevant traffic to your website. It would be best to understand your target market and what keywords they use to find businesses like yours. Once you know this, you can create optimized content for these keywords and rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
However, sometimes it can be challenging to rank for specific keywords, especially highly competitive ones. In these cases, you need to get creative with your SEO strategy.
Here are some tips for ranking for difficult keywords:
1. Identify long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are more specific than general keywords and usually have less competition. They may be more work to rank for initially, but it will be worth it in the long run.
2. Use keyword research tools. There are several tools available that can help you find the right keywords to target. These include Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Moz Keyword Explorer, and SEMrush Keyword Research Tool.
3. Create compelling content. This may be the most important tip of all. To rank for difficult keywords, you need to create truly exceptional content. This means going above and beyond what your competitors are doing – think outside the box!
4. Promote your content. Once you’ve created great content, make sure it gets seen by as many people as possible
Before you can even begin to rank for difficult keywords, you must first know what they are. This is where keyword research comes in.
There are a few several ways to go about researching keywords.
- The most basic method is to consider what your potential customers might search for when they are looking for a business like yours. For example, if you’re a plumber, people might search for “leaking pipes” or “clogged drains.”
- Another way to research keywords is to use a tool like Google AdWords Keyword Planner. This tool allows you to enter seed keywords and then see how often those keywords are searched for on Google. You can also use this tool to get ideas for other potential keywords you want to target.
Once you get the list of potential keywords, it’s now time to start analyzing them. Look at each keyword’s competition level and identify which would be the most difficult to rank for. You can do this by looking at the number of results that come up when you search for the keyword on Google.
It would be best if you also looked at the quality of the websites that are currently ranking for the keyword. If all of the top results are from high-authority.
How to find the Head Term?
You’ll need to use a keyword research tool to find the head term for a problematic keyword. Many different keyword research tools are available, but we recommend using Google’s Keyword Planner.
Once you have Google’s Keyword Planner open, enter your difficult keyword into the “Your product or service” field and click on “Get ideas.”
Scroll down to the “Keyword ideas” section and look at the results. The head term will be the most popular search result listed. In this case, it seems like the head term is “weight loss.”
Now that you know how to discover the head term for a difficult keyword, you can start ranking for that keyword and dominate your market!
Targeting Your Competition
To target your competition, you need to understand what they are doing and how they rank. This can be accomplished using various tools, including Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, and ahrefs.
Once you understand how your competition is ranking, you can start to develop a plan to outrank them. This will require creating better content, building more backlinks, and improving your on-page SEO.
If you can execute all of these steps effectively, you should be able to rank for difficult keywords and dominate your market.
Optimizing Your Content
To optimize your content for difficult keywords, you’ll need to concentrate on a few key areas:
- Researching your keywords thoroughly
- Creating high-quality, keyword-rich content
- Promoting your content through effective outreach and link building
Ranking for difficult keywords can be a challenging task, but it’s possible. With the right SEO strategy and patience, you can see your website rise in search engine rankings and dominate your market. Just remember to focus on creating quality content, building backlinks, and optimizing your website for users and search engines. With these techniques in your mind, you’ll be well on your way to ranking for even the most competitive keywords in your industry.
How do we know so much? We’re obsessed with SEO. We live and breathe it – and have for years. Our clients rank higher on Google, get more traffic, and grow their businesses. And we do all of this without breaking the bank. We save our clients an average of 20% compared to other agencies.
Start ranking better with our help!