However, keeping up with new trends can be somewhat challenging since the digital world is ever-evolving. People are finding new ways of designing better websites that can generate more traffic within a short period.
Besides, with the current state that the world is in, it would be wise to establish an online presence. Websites have become even more convenient during the pandemic.
Many people are now running their businesses online, so there is stiff competition in the online market.
If you are offering services to people through a website, you should make it your goal to win all potential clients with first impressions.
It is essential to keep in mind that visual appeal matters a lot when designing websites. As such, people tend to judge websites based on what they can see.
According to three studies published in the Journal of Behavior & Information Technology, it only takes about 0.05 seconds (50 milliseconds) to impress those visiting your website for the first time.
These studies show that potential clients may decide to stay or leave your website depending on how the website looks.
If you are looking to build a new website in 2021, here are some of the best website designing trends that you can go for.
5 Website Designing Trends That You Should Know
As stated earlier, keeping up with the current website designing trends can be a bit difficult, especially if you don’t spend much time online.
Nonetheless, the list below will update you on some trends that successful websites are currently using.
1. 3D Illustrations
- The use of 3D illustrations has taken the digital world by storm as people are finding new and exciting ways of adding 3D elements into their web pages.
- With the proper illustrations, you can personalize your website in whichever way that you want.
- Also, three-dimensional elements can add character to your website, meaning your web page will be unique compared to competitor websites.
- 3D illustrations attract more visitors to your website and make the users stay on your page longer. As a result, the client will be able to see all the services that your website offers.
- To get even better results, ensure that you use life-like color schemes when incorporating three-dimensional characters into your website design.
- Neumorphism is also another website designing trend that has gained popularity over the years. Also known as Neo-skeuomorphism, this style of designing websites mainly focuses on the elements on the screen.
- Website designers who apply the principles of Neumorphism on their websites can simulate physicality by relying on selective drop shadows that are superimposed with semi-flat colors.
- This trend is very effective because it makes your website more interactive. As such, the users will enjoy every second that they spend on your website.
- Aside from its life-like components, Neumorphism also creates an intuitive appearance, thereby making your website more credible.
- But that is not all; Neumorphism will make all the elements on your web page stand out, so potential clients will know precisely what you are offering.
3. Retro Fonts
- Retro fonts are not a new trend in the digital world because they were highly used during the early times. However, people stopped using Retro fonts for some time, but designers are back at it again.
- By relying on the power of typography, web page designers can develop stunning visual designs that are tailored to enhance user experience.
- You can convey different ideas to your clients using stylistic retro fonts and other artistic elements that can help you get the attention of those in your target market.
- When applying this trend, however, ensure that you go for a modern and trendy design.
- The good thing about this website design trend is that it allows you to blend different styles, thus creating a visually appealing art piece.
4. Parallax Animations
- When used correctly, Parallax animations can leave a lasting impression on website users. It is also another trend that can make your website more interactive.
- As the name suggests, the idea of this trend is to create a parallax effect using animations and other page elements.
- The effectiveness of this website design trend will depend on how the elements in the background relate with those in the foreground and vice versa.
- This design trend allows website designers to craft striking visual elements that can easily be integrated into a web page.
- When creating parallax animations, ensure that the color schemes are appropriately blended to avoid clutter. You can as well use organic shapes for aesthetic purposes.
- This website design trend focuses on keeping everything simple. As such, the users are less likely to get overwhelmed by the website’s content.
- Minimalism allows website users to only focus on the essential elements, thereby preventing unnecessary confusion.
- Minimalistic web designs are easy to interpret, so you only need to use the correct elements when designing the website.
- To enhance user experience, you should use detailed elements to get all the information they need when going through the web page.
- Minimalism is unique compared to most website designing trends in that it does not require a lot of information to drive the message home.
Website designers are finding newer ways of making web pages more exciting, interactive, fresh, and eye-catching. As such, expect more website designing trends in the future. With so many options to choose from, one can easily make the wrong decision when choosing a design for a website.
It is, therefore, advisable that you have a clear purpose for which you are choosing a specific website design. In addition to this, go for strategies that will allow users to navigate the website with ease.
A report provided by Stanford Web Credibility Research shows that most people judge a website’s credibility based on its design, so ensure that you make the right choice.