The Appearance Themes Screen in WordPress allows you to manage and install themes for your website. It provides a central location to view your current theme, explore available themes, and install new ones. Let’s explore the different features and options available on the Appearance Themes Screen:
You can manage your installed themes on the Themes Screen. There are two sections:
- Current Theme: This section displays the details of your currently active theme. It shows the theme’s name, version, author, and description. You can also activate or customize the current theme from this section.
- Available Themes: In this section, you can browse the available themes. These themes are installed on your WordPress site but are not activated. You can preview, start, or install new themes from this section.
The Install Themes section lets you add new themes to your WordPress site. There are several methods available to install themes:
- Automated Theme installer: This method allows you to search and install themes directly from the WordPress.org theme repository. You can use the search bar to find themes based on keywords or browse through the featured, famous, or latest themes.
- Using the upload method: If you have a theme file downloaded from a third-party source or a premium theme, you can use the upload method to install it. Click on the “Upload Theme” button, select the theme file from your computer, and click “Install Now.”
- Using the FTP method: If you’re familiar with FTP (File Transfer Protocol), you can manually upload the theme files to your server using an FTP client. After uploading, the theme will appear for activation in the Available Themes section.
- Installing with cPanel: Some hosting providers offer a one-click installation option for themes through their cPanel. You can select this option to install themes without manually uploading files if available.
The Appearance Themes Screen provides a user-friendly interface for managing and installing themes on your WordPress site. It allows you to explore and activate different themes to change the appearance and functionality of your website. Whether you prefer the automated installer, upload method, FTP, or cPanel, you can choose and customize themes for your WordPress site.