WordPress is a powerful CMS for building websites, blogs, and online stores. The platform has become increasingly popular in recent years and has helped many businesses to grow their customer base by providing them with high-quality products. However, one of the most significant issues faced by WordPress users is how they can get their websites an SSL certificate for free. This article will show how to get free SSL for WordPress. Let us start by discussing an SSL certificate and why you should get a free SSL certificate on your website.
What is an SSL Certificate?
An SSL certificate is a security protocol to encrypt data between a web server and a user. The encryption makes it more difficult for malicious actors to intercept and read the information sent between your site and visitors.
However, an SSL certificate isn’t just about keeping hackers away—it can also be used to verify your website’s identity. If someone visits your site with an HTTPS connection (the “S” in HTTP-S), but you don’t have an SSL certificate installed on your server, their browser will display warnings.
Why should you get a free SSL certificate on your website?
It works by encrypting the information that is shared with your website’s server. The encryption technology makes it unreadable to anyone who intercepts data being transmitted between your browser and a website’s server. This means that passwords, credit card numbers, and personal details are safe from prying eyes.
- You can rest peacefully knowing that your passwords, credit card numbers, and personal details are all safe from prying eyes.
- Your information is encrypted, so it’s safe from hackers and others who might want to steal it.
- Even the government can’t get their hands on your data! The encryption used by SSL certificates makes sure that no one can see what you’re doing online—not even Google!
Is it mandatory for websites to have an SSL certificate?
Your website is your online business, so it’s essential to ensure it’s secure. A website with an SSL certificate is generally given preference over a website without one. Google prioritizes websites with SSL certificates because they are more secure and trustworthy. Websites without SSL certificates can be penalized by Google, which can decrease their organic ranking in search results and potentially lead to less traffic coming in from organic searches.
Google has made it mandatory for websites to have an SSL certificate if they want to rank higher on its search engine. The reason behind this move is that most of the websites are using the HTTP protocol, which is less secure than HTTPS.
If you’re a webmaster or website owner who wants to get free SSL for your WordPress site, then you might be wondering how to go about it. In this article, we’ll show you how easy it is!
- Install the SSL certificate plugin on your site.
- In the settings, select “Activate Free Let’s Encrypt SSL.”
- Click “Save Changes.” Press Tab to write more…
- The plugin will automatically generate an SSL certificate and install it on your server!
How can I get an SSL certificate for free?
Did you know that you can get your website an SSL certificate for free? The internet is scary, and it’s only getting more dangerous. With more and more people using the internet, there is also a growing concern about privacy and security. SSL certificates are one way to keep your users safe from hackers and other threats, but they aren’t cheap—a good one can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars annually! Luckily for us, some companies provide free SSL certificates for any site that meets their requirements. So if you have recently started a new blog or eCommerce shop online, but don’t want to spend money on an expensive SSL certificate just yet (or ever), read on!
You’ll need to install and activate the Really Simple SSL plugin to get an SSL certificate for free. This is a free and easy way to get HTTPS for your site without any technical know-how—you must follow the plugin’s Settings page instructions.
The plugin will automatically install a free certificate from Let’s Encrypt and update your .htaccess file, so all traffic flows through HTTPS. You can also use the Auto Install Free SSL WordPress plugin to get an SSL certificate for free.
There are also a few top WordPress hosting companies that offer free SSL certificates with all their hosting plans, including:-
You can also get a free SSL certificate for 90-days from COMODO, GoGetSSL, Sectigo, and HTTPCS.
Installing Really Simple SSL Plugin
- Go to Plugins > Add New from the WordPress dashboard and search for “Really Simple SSL” in the search bar.
- Click Install Now, then Activate Plugin to complete the installation process.
- In your browser, visit https://siteurl-here/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=really_simple_ssl and log in with your normal user credentials (i.e., username and password). This will take you to the plugin’s settings page, where you can configure it further if needed (it shouldn’t be necessary; this is just an option).
- On this settings page, there are several tabs across which you can access all of its features: General Settings; Setup Options; Advanced Options; Custom Domain Settings; Edit Custom Domain Settings; Renewal Options (including adding new certificates); View Logs & Reports; and Search Providers (a list of available certificate providers). The default settings should be fine for most users at this point but feel free to explore each tab if you’re curious about what each one does—this tutorial won’t cover them individually, though! For now, we’ll focus on installing our SSL certificate and setting up a few other things like custom domains, so let’s get started!
- You need an SSL certificate for your website because it is one of the most important things to ensure a secure and reliable connection between your visitor’s browser and your server.
- If you are using WordPress, we recommend choosing [SSLs from Let’s Encrypt](https://letsencrypt.org). They are free, easy to manage, and will help protect users’ private information by encrypting their data between web browsers and servers.
The best way to get an SSL certificate is by using the Really Simple SSL plugin. It will automatically configure your WordPress site for free SSL encryption (https) and redirect all HTTP traffic from non-SSL connections.
If you already use any WordPress hosting company, you can turn on your free SSL certificate from the hosting dashboard.
Do you have any questions about getting SSL certificates for your WordPress site? Feel free to connect with us!