Local SEO is highly essential to smaller organizations that operate at a local and regional level rather than at the national level. Local SEO deals more with driving traffic and leads from the surrounding areas.
According to ReviewTrackers’ Study in 2017, it was estimated that 35% of all traffic is local.
There are multiple ways to use your SEO in the best possible way.
- Google my business: Google my business has become somewhat of a superpower over the last few years. Listing your business on Google is probably the most effective way to rank higher on google maps and cash in on the local searches. It is essential to provide relevant and up-to-date information on google my business. Another way to bring in more people is to encourage customers to leave reviews for your business.
- Reviews: An essential part of positive reinforcement is positive feedback. When people are looking to buy from your business or use your service, the first thing they do is look at the reviews. If the number of negative reviews outweighs the positive, it is challenging to maintain a constant flow of people.
- Content: In this day and age, content is king. People visit Instagram pages to gauge into the business. What their story is and what is it that they are selling. This is why it is important to regularly post content on your social media platforms about trending topics and the business.
- Mobile Optimization: The number of mobile users has skyrocketed in the past few years. This widespread use of mobile phones has prompted people to browse websites from their mobile phones, which is why it is important to optimize your website to mobile phones. Over the last few years, visits from the desktop have gone down from 43% to 37%. According to a study by Acquisio, 75% of all mobile visits result in in-person visits to the business.
- Local Keywords: Capitalizing on local keywords is essential as well. Ensuring you know what relevant customers are searching for and optimizing your business is the key to a successful and sustainable business.
- Location pages: When a person visits your website, they need to see the location page, which would prompt the person to visit the store. Make sure to include a link to the map, the address, store hours, testimonials, promotions, and any other relevant information.
We live in the golden age of media and marketing. We have the tools available to take our businesses to the next level. What matters is how we use it, and we can improve our business to be bigger and better.
The better you are ranking, the more profits you set yourself up to make!
And hey, if you need help with your businesses, you can always contact us!