Website design is an essential procedure that requires a well-thought-out plan and design. Otherwise, it cannot be completed. An iterative method is used in web design where the designer continuously assesses the website and makes adjustments to enhance its usability or attractiveness. Check out this thorough web design guide, which details nearly all the essential procedures involved in designing a website.
- Web Design Stats You Should Know
- Web Design Process: Crucial Steps To Follow
- Website Design Process: Mistakes To Avoid
- Which Web Design Agency To Hire?
Web Design Stats You Should Know
Some crucial statistics must be kept in mind when designing a website. Here are a few website stats to know for web design:
1. Humans have an attention span of 8 seconds on average. This means you must ensure that your website is easy to use and navigate. If not, they will simply walk away.
2. 70–80% of visitors will likely stay longer if a website’s design appeals to them. This underlines how crucial it is to have a well-designed website.
3. According to 48% of users, a business’s website that isn’t functioning properly when they visit reflects poorly on the company itself. This implies that your website must always be operationally sound at all times.
4. 38% of users will stop engaging with content if the layout or content is unattractive. This again highlights the importance of holding an aesthetically pleasing website design.
5. When visiting a new website for the first time, 92% of consumers think initial impressions are crucial. Therefore, you only got one opportunity to make an amazing first impression!
6. 67% of consumers say they are more likely to purchase from a mobile-friendly site; 54% say they would abandon their purchase if they had difficulty accessing content on their phone or tablet
7. 59% of internet users said they would only recommend a business with an aesthetically designed website on mobile devices.
Learn more: 6 Reasons To Hire A Professional Agency For WordPress Design
Web Design Process: Crucial Steps To Follow
Step 1: Identify Your Goal
Every successful website starts with a goal. Having a clear objective is the first crucial step when designing and developing the site. Otherwise, your website will lack focus and direction. Your first step in the web design process is to identify your purpose.
To identify your website, you need to ask the following questions to yourself:
- What do you want your website to achieve?
- Do you want to generate leads, increase sales, or build brand awareness?
- Know who your target audience is and what they want from your site.
- What content type will appeal to them?
- How to make it easy for them to find what they’re looking for?
Answering these questions will help you create a website that meets your goals and drives results. Once you know your goal, you can start to map out a plan for achieving it.
Step 2: Determine The Scope Of Your Project
Determining the scope of your project is another crucial step. This means understanding what you want your website to acquire and what you need it to do. Do you require a straightforward website with a few pages or a more intricate website with an online store? Once you know your project’s scope, you can begin organizing your website’s structure and content.
Step 3: Design Your Website
Now, it’s time to design your website, creating a wireframe & sitemap. This step will determine your site’s overall look, layout, and navigation. You will also require to make any graphics or visuals you want to incorporate on your site. Once you create a simple design prototype, you can then start working on coding it into HTML and CSS.
Step 4: Content Creation
Once you’ve planned the structure and navigation of your website, it’s time to begin adding content. This is where you bring your website to life and start interacting with your audience.
There are a few things to keep in mind when creating content for your website:
- Write for your target audience – who are they, and what do they want to know?
- Keep it clear, crisp, and concise – long blocks of text can be off-putting for readers.
- Include images – people are likelier to engage with visuals than text alone.
- Use great calls to action – encourage your readers to take the next step, whether checking out your latest product or subscribing to your newsletter.
Step 5: Visualize The Content
In this phase, you need to create a visual style for your site. You will take all your created content and put it into a graphic format.
Ensure your website’s visual is impressive, making it more professional and straightforward. Besides that, ensure all the images added to your website are responsive and attractive because they can also enhance your text.
Step 6: Develop & Test The Website
Assuming you have finalized your website’s design in Photoshop (or Sketch), it’s time to bring your vision to life. This is where web development comes in – the actual coding of your website.
In this phase, the designs will hand off to the development team, and they will start the coding process by translating your designs into functioning web pages.
Before launching your website, make sure you thoroughly test your website. This includes testing all forms, links, and functionality to ensure everything works correctly. You should also test your site on different browsers and devices to ensure it displays correctly across all platforms.
Step 7: Launch The Website
Once the website design is complete and approved, it’s time to launch it. To launch the website, you can either upload the files to a web server or publish the site through a web hosting service.
There are a few things to remember when launching a website:
– Make sure all file names are lowercase and use dashes (-) instead of spaces.
– Check the site in all major browsers to ensure compatibility.
– Make sure that all images are optimized for fast loading times.
– Use .htaccess to create custom error pages (e.g., 404 Not Found).
Website Design Process: Mistakes To Avoid
When it comes to web design, a few common mistakes can easily be avoided. Here are the most common website design mistakes to avoid:
1. Not Opting For Mobile
Making sure your website is created with a mobile-first approach is essential because more people are using their mobile devices to access the internet. It entails developing a responsive design that will function effectively across all screen sizes.
2. Ignoring Search Engine Optimization
To ensure potential customers see your website, SEO is crucial. Make sure you use keyword-rich titles and Meta descriptions.
3. Making It Too Complicated
Keep the layout and navigation of your website straightforward. Try not to cram too much content or too many flashy bells and whistles into each page. Keep it simple and let your content speak for itself.
4. Use Of Outdated Technologies
Ensure your website uses current web technologies. Using outdated technologies can make your site look dated and cause compatibility issues.
Which Web Design Agency To Hire?
As you can see above, the web designing process includes seven main stages: identifying, determining, designing, content creation, visualizing, development & test, and launching. Each step is essential; therefore, you need to follow it carefully. These steps can make your web design process hassle-free and smoother.
However, we recommend hiring the top website designing agency to get an award-winning website. Head to Seahawk for WordPress web design help! We create aesthetically-pleasing website design and functional website that accurately reflects your brand.