If you’re the proud owner of a WordPress site, you likely look for every opportunity to hear feedback from your site’s users. What if there was a way to talk to your website users directly on your smartphone?
With the WP Social Chat plugin created by the Quadlayers team, you can allow your customers to start a conversation from your website directly to your phone number, using a platform we all know too well – WhatsApp!
Here are some reasons why enabling WhatsApp chat for business purposes is an incredible idea.
- International Appeal: WhatsApp has achieved a unique status among messaging applications as it is used in more than 100 countries and supports more than 50 languages. So, if you’re seeking to connect with users from all around the world, familiarizing yourself with this platform is the way to go.
- User Familiarity: With over two million monthly active users, WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging application in the world, and almost all of your users are probably already using it. Offer them a chance to use a communication format they already know and love, and you’re sure to increase your chances of connecting further with them.
- Communication to Conversions: If yours is a business site, adding a customer touchpoint that’s easy to use has added benefits for you. The easier it is to communicate with you, the more inclined your users will be to do so, which allows you to collect valuable lead data and eventually increase your overall sales – a win-win opportunity for you and your customer!
How to Get Started
First, navigate to the Plugins menu on WordPress.org. Then, simply search for “WP Social Chat”, select “Install”, and activate. Once you reach this step, you’ll be presented with several options in your dashboard.
- WhatsApp Button – When you embed this on your site, visitors will be able to send a message directly to your phone number by clicking it, and you can customize this to look however you want.
- WhatsApp Chat – In addition to the features the WhatsApp Button provides, WhatsApp Chat allows you to include a box with contact information and a personalized message, as well as an avatar. Use these advanced features to personalize the appearance of this plugin
- WhatsApp Premium – With this paid version of WP Social Chat, you get access to a series of advanced features, like the option to display chat boxes for multiple team member agents, which could be used to provide individualized support for different areas of your site.
The Button and Chat features can be accessed via a free download, but the premium features come at an additional one-time cost, ranging from $20-$80 depending on how many site activations you require. Premium features also include additional individualized support and assistance.
Important things to keep in mind as you implement the WhatsApp social plugin are to ensure you are not using a phone number that you wish to keep private, as it will be visible to all site users.
Now that you know the basics, get started connecting with your site’s users by enabling WhatsApp chat on your WordPress site today!